Construction Project Manager (Job Pool only)
Construction Project Manager
(Job Pool or Future Interest only)
Be the Project Manager at one of the top residential remodeling companies in San Francisco, with a social mission to give back to the community.
Learn about us at: https://perezconstructionsf.com/about-us/
The Project Manager role plans, directs, manages and provides oversight of construction projects to ensure that the goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed schedule and budget parameters and as promised per specs provided to client. The Project Manager effectively communicates with homeowners, our internal team, architects, subcontractors, vendors, designers, and the owners consultants, to deliver exceptional quality and a seamless client experience.
The position requires considerable judgment and latitude in performing job duties, and is expected to function effectively with minimal direct oversight by the CEO.
- Communication: Maintains open, daily communication with field staff and client to ensure everyone is on the same page. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors,and field employees.
- Quality production: Ensures all construction work is completed according to plans, with exceptional quality.
- Scheduling and coordination: Builds and updates detailed project construction schedule, including all necessary subcontractors, inspections, safety, and general oversight
- Budgeting and cost management: Manages and controls project costs to ensure job is produced at or above estimated gross margin
- Change orders: Manages the change order process from estimate to signing, and ensures no work is done on projects without appropriate signed approval from the client.
- Team leadership: Foster a professional, positive, productive team culture at all job sites among Perez Construction employees and subcontractors
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of Project Manager experience a high-end general contracting company
- Thorough understanding of residential construction specifications both within the company and the industry
- Understands design intent and work through low levels of detail, ability to read and interpret plans, details and specifications.
- Can visualize in three dimensions from two-dimensional data
- Computer literacy computer estimating, complete competency in MS Word, Excel, Project, and industry specific software for managing change order, job cost and related project commitments (Buildertrend is a plus)
- Proactive, flexible, team player who is comfortable working in a small company environment taking on a leadership role
- Forward looking, able to see the problem well in advance, having a solution in place before a crisis
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Organized, with excellent time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to take coaching and feedback
- Complete grasp of the English language; Spanish is an asset
Salary and Benefits:
- Pay is determined based on experience, but will likely be between $120-170K base